As we usher in April, many of us welcome and celebrate Easter blessings and Spring splendor.
Traditional celebrations often include holiday dish favorites that are generally loaded with unhealthy oils, chemicals and preservatives that can overload us with calories, making us feel lethargic and toxic.
This month's recipe from Tasty Tip Chef Kelli Rose is a healthy makeover of a celebration food favorite – egg salad!
Just in time for your Easter table, this recipe is simple to prepare and richly satisfying by using organic hummus and Dijon mustard in place of commercially processed and highly caloric mayonnaise. Stuffed in an "egg shaped" healthy avocado half, this Easter Egg Salad dish is a beautiful and tasty crowd pleaser without weighing you down!
You’ll still have some hop in your step after enjoying this treat!
Hoping you bounce by soon,
Easter Egg Salad Stuffed Avocado (Mayo Free)
Keeps refrigerated for 3 days
- 6 pastured eggs
- ¾ cup hummus
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pure Grade B maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Unrefined sea salt, to taste
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ cup micro diced radish
- 2 tsp of fresh lemon or lime juice or 1 drop DoTerra lemon or lime oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 ripe medium size avocados
- Cook the eggs 10 minutes in a saucepan of simmering water to cover. Drain; cool under cold running water, and peel.
- Roughly mash the eggs in a large mixing bowlwith the hummus, mustard, maple syrup and lemon or lime juice. Season with onion powder and salt to taste. Fold in the celery, radish and dill. Use an ice cream or melon ball scooper to fill sliced and pitted avocado halves. Removing avocado from the peel is optional.
For a touch for spice try jalapeno Dijon mustard or a light sprinkle of cayenne powder in the mix.