Well, tell your scale not to worry! Our local Nutritional Chef, Kelli Rose, is serving up healthy recipe ideas for celebrating with merry tastebuds!
You and your guests can have their cheesecake and eat it too with a serving of the "No-Bake Non-Dairy Gingerbread Cheezecake Dip." This decadent dip is not only healthy and delicious, but easy to make and looks oh so festive!
Warm yourselves with a creamy and wholesome mug of Pumpkin Spiced Hot Cacao, a satisfying beverage delight perfect for gathering by the fireplace on those cold December nights.
May your holidays be Merry, Delicious, Healthful & Bright - Cheers!
Non Dairy Gingerbread Cheezecake Dip Recipe:
- 1 TSP - Organic Ground Ginger
- 3 TBSP - Organic Blackstrap Molasses
- 1/4 Cup - Organic Unrefined Coconut Sugar
- 1 TSP - Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Cups - Organic So Delicious Dairy Free Coco Whip
- 1 Dash - Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup - Xylitol Sugar (blend on high speed to make powder like)
- 1 package - Organic Graham (dipping) Crackers
8 oz Non Dairy Cream Cheeze
Cream Cheeze ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Cups - Raw Cashew Halves, soaked in water for 12 hours refrigerated, strained/rinsed
- 2 TBSP - Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 TBSP - Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 TBSP - Filtered Water
Cream Cheeze instructions:
- Blend all Cream Cheeze ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Set for 2 hours and measure out 8 ounces for the dip recipe.
- Store the remainder in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Combined Cream Cheeze, sugars and molasses in food processor until smooth.
- Add in ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg until evenly combined.
- Transfer into a mixing bowl add fold in Coco Whip until well combined.
- Transfer dip into a serving bowl and chill until ready to serve, festively garnish and serve with dipping graham crackers.
Note: Dip will keep up to five days refrigerated.
Pumpkin Spiced Hot Cacao Recipe:
Yield: approximately four 8-ounce servings
- 1/2 Cup - Organic Pumpkin Purée
- 3 TBSP - Organic Grade B Maple Syrup
- 3 TBSP - Organic Vanilla Extract (Non Alcoholic)
- 1/2 Cup - Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- 2.5 Cups - Organic Plain Coconut Milk
- 4 Dollops Organic So Delicious Dairy Free Coco Whip
- 1 1/2 TSP - Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
Hot Cacao instructions:
- Combine all ingredients except Coco Whip & 4 pinches of Pumpkin Pie Spice into a sauce pan.
- Warm on a low heat to drink temperature.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and blend for about two minutes to make a fluffier mixture.
- Pour mixture into individual mugs and add a dollop of Coco Whip and a pinch of Pumpkin Pie Spice.
Note: Pre-warming the mugs in the microwave and adding a garnish of a cinnamon stick for a stir is a fun holiday touch!