This February's Tasty Tip is inspired by the concept of "Love Yourself Healthier and Share That Love!"
Your body, your taste buds and your Sweetie will thank you when savoring a dozen of "Raw Ginger-Chia Pink Chocolate Dipped Cookie Hearts!"
These yummy cookies are not only Valentine's adorable, but are super healthy and both easy and fun to make. Loaded with plant sourced protein and healthy fats, these edible hearts are raw, vegan, gluten & dairy free, and are both anti-inflammatory and support healthy digestion. Here's the recipe:
Raw Ginger-Chia Chocolate Dipped Cookie Hearts
Yield: 6 - 12 cookies (based on cutter size)
Organic Cookie Ingredients:
- 1/3 Cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1/3 Cup Raw Almonds
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp Alcohol Free Vanilla Extract or 1 Vanilla Bean (scrape out inside paste)
- 1Tbsp Peeled Ginger Root Chunk or Ginger Powder or 2 Drops DoTerra Ginger Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 Tbsp Natural Sweetener of Choice: Apple Nectar, Coconut Nectar, Raw Honey, Grade B Maple Syrup, 4 Pitted Dates
Pink Chocolate Frosting:
- 2 Tbsp Cacao Butter (raw chocolate butter)
- 2 Tbsp Red Beet Juice
- 1 Tbsp Natural Sweetener of Choice
- In a food processor, add oats, almonds, chia seeds, ginger, cinnamon and blend.
- Add in vanilla and choice sweetener and blend to a cookie dough consistency.
- Roll dough out on a wax paper covered pan and cut into heart shapes
- Place pan of heart shaped cookies in the freezer while making Pink Chocolate
Pink Chocolate Preparation:
- Melt the cacao butter on a low heat stovetop.
- Turn off heat and whisk in remaining ingredients
- Allow mixture to cool but not solidify
- Dip heart cookies in the Pink Chocolate and return to the freezer to set
Final step: A sprinkle of your Love!
Love is organic, natural and raw, and so is loving yourself. Indulge!