I’m honored and excited to have been invited to be a guest instructor at The Mindful Movement Center of Maui, Hawaii this summer and to get all of us into the Aloha Spirit, our Tasty Tip Chef, Kelli Rose is sharing her Tropical Pineapple-Chia Seed Pudding recipe with us this month.
Me ka `oia`i`o,
Maui May Tasty TIP:
Tropical Pineapple-Chia Seed Pudding
This delicious tropical pudding will not only put Maui on your mind, but it is a super easy recipe to prepare, with only four healthy ingredients and no fancy kitchen equipment required!
1) Almond milk
- 1/4 cup contains 8 grams of fiber
- High in antioxidants
- Loaded with calcium & fiber
- Boosts energy
- Assists in regulating cholesterol & blood pressure
2) Chia Seeds
- Hydrophilic helping to keep the body hydrated
- Excellent source of healthy omega fatty acids
- Higher in calcium than salmon or milk
- 20 percent protein
- Digestive aid
- Improves heart health and circulation
- Immune booster
- High in Bromelain, an enzyme for bruising & digestion
- Rich in B vitamins & Vitamin C
4) High quality Vegan Plant Based Protein Powder
- I like Vega brand. Adds high quality protein.
- 1 cup almond milk (homemade or store bought)
- 1 scoop plant based protein powder
- 1/4 cup organic fresh pineapple (diced)
- 2 Tbsp organic chia seeds
- Add all ingredients to a 16 ounce glass mason jar, seal tightly and shake vigorously until everything is well combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until it thickens to your preference.
- Garnish with shredded unsweetened coconut and fine chopped mint leaves for a more tropical twist!
Servings: 2, 8 oz.
Refrigerated Shelf Life: 3 days
(Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free)