Grapefruit Tango with a Twist
Summer gets hot and we can easily get dehydrated. Yes, of course, drinking plenty of fresh water helps, but here's a 100% natural, homemade juice that's quick and easy to make and is full of summer flavor and color too.
- 1/2 juicy Grapefruit
- 1 juicy Orange
- 4 Carrots
- Ginger root, grated or sliced thinly
- A swirl of local Honey
You'll also need:
- an electric juicer
- a citrus press or juicer (optional)
- Squeeze the juice from the orange and grapefruit with a normal citrus press or if you prefer, peel the fruits first, then put them in the electric juicer.
- Feed the carrots into the electric juicer.
- Stir the carrot and citrus juice together and pour into a tall glass.
- Add some wafer-thin slices of ginger - use a vegetable peeler to get these - or grate ginger into the glass if you prefer a stronger kick.
- Stir in a swirl of local honey to taste.
And there you have it - Juicy July in a glass - soooo refreshing!
Try it and let us know what you think... add your comments below...
Contains Vitamins A, B, C and beta-carotene, boosts the digestive system, excellent cleanser for lymphatic system, shown to help ease arthritis.
Rich in Vitamins A, C, B1, B6 and beta-carotene, helps flush toxins from the body, destroys the free radicals that cause signs of skin ageing and helps lower cholesterol.
Rich in Vitamin A and beta-carotene, boost white blood cell production and performance, protect the respiratory system, good for the heart and cardiovascular system.
Contains sodium, iron and calcium plus other minerals - anti-viral, anti-septic, anti-histamine, anti-inflammatory, boosts circulation, helps lower blood pressure, good for head colds or sinus congestion, eases nausea (such as with pregnancy or chemotherapy). Good general booster for the immune system.
Contains Vitamin B6 plus niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, and important minerals such as copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, calcium and phosphorous. It's sweeter than sugar, but is absorbed more slowly into the body, so its energy boost lasts longer and is healthier for you. It helps boost the immune system, contains antoxidants and has anti-bacterial properties - it can help sooth sore throats and is thought to help fight cancers and tumours too.