As summer days are soon to surrender to autumn ways, we look forward to the welcoming of fall comforting foods. Seasonal snacking can be both warm & delicious and highly nutritious by putting a healthier twist on the indulgences we don't want to miss.
Dive into a creamy and decadent dip this month, created with protein packed spinach greens, fiber rich spaghetti squash, coconut yogurt and the best low-fat digestible cheeses.
Tasty Tip Chef
Creamy Spinach Spaghetti Squash Dip
Prep time: 1 hour
Yield: Medium Bowl of dip
- Spaghetti Squash, cooked & string scraped (see description)
- Garlic cloves, minced 4
- Spinach, cooked 1 cup
- Cayenne pepper 1 pinch
- Sea salt 1 pinch
- Plain coconut yogurt 1/2 cup
- Goat cheese 1 package
- Mozzarella cheese, part skim 1 cup
- Parmesan cheese 1/2 cup
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F
- Cut squash into 2 halves, remove seeds & fiber
- Lightly spray oil (olive, macadamia nut, coconut oil) over halves and the baking sheet, placing cut sides down.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, remove, flip halves over to cool
- Scrape squash halves with a fork to remove flesh in long strains and transfer to a bowl to cool further
- Absorb extra moisture from squash by wrapping the strands in a clean towel and gently massaging/squeezing it out.
*cooked spaghetti squash can be refrigerated for up to 5 days
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut yogurt and cheeses, stir over medium heat to melt
- Stir in spinach and spaghetti squash and cook for 1-2 minutes over low heat until well combined and creamy texture.
- Stir in minced garlic and remove from heat.
- Season with cayenne pepper and sea salt, to taste.
Serve with Gluten Free crackers or fresh crunchy veggies such as celery sticks, carrots and sweet bell pepper dippers.